Effective date: 14th September 2017
Little Advent Pty Ltd (Little Advent) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to its website, in particular, information that is capable of identifying an individual (“Personal Information”).
By accessing the Website or otherwise dealing with us, including by providing your personal information to us, you:
- consent to the collection, storage, disclosure, use and transfer of your personal information as described in this policy; and
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you only for the purpose of providing our goods and services to you. Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect other information about you, or your use of our goods or services as described in any applicable terms and conditions or collection statements.
The type of personal information that we collect includes:
- your full name;
- email address;
- address; and
- other contact details.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- make any enquiry about our goods or services;
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists and receive newsletters and special offers and promotions;
- visit our Website; or
- purchase goods or services from our Website.
The Purposes for Which We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
You should be aware that we may use your email address to contact you in the future to provide you with information about promotions, as well as other products and services of Little Advent. We will not sell or pass on your details to third parties, or any overseas recipients.
Use of the Information for a Secondary Purpose
We may sometimes use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented;
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way; or
- where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
How we Hold Personal Information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personal Information submitted to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information which we hold about you from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access and use of your Personal Information.
Accessing Personal Information
If you wish to correct, delete or gain access to the Personal Information that we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to websites outside of our Website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our Website. Before disclosing your Personal Information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Privacy Complaints and Enquiries
If you believe there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or a registered APP code, please do not hesitate to contact us. Little Advent welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will promptly attend to all questions and complaints. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
IMPORTANT YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LITTLE ADVENT BOXES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The website located at [insert website address] (“Website”) is owned and operated by Little Advent Boxes (“Little Advent”).
Little Advent reserves the right to amend the Terms from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on the Website. By using the Website at any time you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the then current Terms. Your continued use of the Website following such notification represents an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms as amended.
- In this agreement:
Intellectual Property Rights means all statutory and other rights in and to copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of analogous to copyright), and all neighbouring rights, all rights in relation to inventions, including patent rights, innovation patent rights, registered and unregistered trade marks (including service marks), trade, business, company names or internet domain names, registered and unregistered designs, the right to keep Confidential Information confidential, circuit layouts and all other rights resulting from intellectual activities in the industrial, scientific, literary, music, dramatic or artistic fields throughout the world whether subsisting now or in the future and includes any developments or improvements or modifications to any equipment, software, technology, processes, methods or techniques and the right to apply for and be registered as the owner of any such rights anywhere in the world.
Little Advent’s Goods means the goods provided by Little Advent and available for purchase from time to time via the Website.
Personnel means any of the directors, officers, officers, employees, agents and consultants of an entity.
Related Entity has the meaning it has in the Australian Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Representative of a party includes any of an employee, agent, auditor, adviser, partner, consultant, joint venturer, contractor, sub-contractor or Related Entity of that party.
You or you means:
- if you are acting in your personal capacity, you as an individual; or
- if you are acting as the authorised agent on behalf of another person including a company or organisation (including as a Representative of a Registered User) that entity.
- Using the Website
- You must provide and maintain at your cost all of your telephone lines, modems, computer hardware, software, firewalls and any other equipment or facilities necessary for you to access and use the Website.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that directly or indirectly interferes with or disrupts or disparages any of the Website or any of its services or products offered from time to time.
- Website Content
- The information on the Website provided by and on behalf of Little Advent or any of Little Advent’s Representatives is provided for your general information only, does not take into account your personal situation or business requirements and does not constitute advice of any kind. You should never use or act on this information without first seeking proper information and advice from qualified legal, financial or other advisors in relation to your particular circumstances.
- Whilst the information on the Website provided by and on behalf of Little Advent has been prepared with all reasonable care from sources that Little Advent considers to be reliable, to the fullest extent permitted by any applicable laws, Little Advent, its directors, servants, agents and shareholders take no responsibility and will not be held liable for any errors, omissions or misstatements in the information.
- Little Advent may at any time at Little Advent’s absolute discretion without giving prior notice to you delete, alter or move content on the Website or otherwise upgrade or downgrade the Website and its functionality and look and feel. Whilst Little Advent seeks to maintain accurate and up-to-date information and minimise the time the Website is unavailable for use, Little Advent does not warrant that the information is or will be error-free or up-to-date or that the Website will be available at any given time.
- Payments for Little Advent’s Goods must be made by credit card, or other alternative payment methods offered by Little Advent from time-to-time, including payment via Paypal and Afterypay.
- A payment will not be processed unless you supply true, accurate, current and complete information requested by Little Advent at the time the service or purchase request is made.
- Little Advent will deliver a tax invoice to you in respect of a purchase via electronic means.
- No warranty
Excepting the warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, Little Advent excludes, and you agree that Little Advent, its directors, servants and agents, have not made any warranty regarding the Website or Little Advent’s Goods purchased from Little Advent, their characteristics or fitness for any particular purpose.
You will, to the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, at all times and from time to time indemnify, and keep indemnified, Little Advent and our directors, officers, agents, subcontractors and employees (together the “Indemnified Party”) harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses directly or indirectly incurred or suffered by the Indemnified Party, and from and against all actions, proceedings, claims or demands made against any of the Indemnified Party as a result of:
- your use of the Website or Little Advent’s Goods purchased from Little Advent;
- your provision of incorrect information to Little Advent; or
- any breach of these Terms.
- Except as otherwise stipulated in these Terms, Little Advent, its directors, servants and agents will not accept liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred by you or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of any of:
- your use of the Website or Little Advent’s Goods purchased from Little Advent;
- any loss of any kind or injury arising out of your use of, reliance on or failure to act, on any information contained on or accessed through the Website;
- any loss of any kind or injury arising out of your use of, reliance on or failure to act, on any information provided in relation to Little Advent’s Goods purchased from Little Advent;
- errors, mistakes or omissions on the Website; and
- any failure or omission on Little Advent’s part to comply with Little Advent’s obligations as set out in the Terms.
- This disclaimer does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under any applicable statute if, and to the extent, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded. If it can be lawfully excluded then such liability is excluded.
- Specific Warnings
- Little Advent, its directors, servants and agents do not accept any responsibility for:
- any use of the Website which is illegal or prohibited by applicable laws which apply to you or Little Advent;
- any interference or damage to your own computer or software or electrical supply which arises in connection with your use of the Website;
- losses or injury you may sustain due to unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of information contained on your computer or other device or software or on the Website; or
- malfunctions to computers, hardware or software, or for other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections or for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected information or data of any kind.
- Restricted Use
- You may not interrupt or attempt to interrupt the operation of the Website in any way, or use the Website in a manner that adversely affects the availability of the Website’s resources to any others.
- You may not use the Website for any illegal purpose or in any manner that is inconsistent with the Terms.
- Protection of information
- When capturing customer data, it is passed by Little Advent through a secure server using encryption technology to ensure that your information is being protected when being sent over the Internet.
- The Website has security measures in place to seek to avoid the loss, misuse and alteration of information under Little Advent’s control. We will protect any information Little Advent has concerning you in the same manner as Little Advent protects all our other confidential information.
- Linked websites and cookies
- The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Linked Websites”). This information is provided for your convenience only. Little Advent is not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with Linked Websites, nor does Little Advent, its directors, servants or agents endorse any products, services or organisations associated with Linked Websites.
- Intellectual property
- Copyright in the Website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Little Advent. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and except as expressly authorised by the Terms, you may not in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the Website; or
- commercialise any information (including but not limited to images, text, videos or sound recordings) or services obtained from any part of the Website,
without our prior written permission.
- You may not use of any trade marks appearing on the Website, without the prior written permission of the trade mark owner.
- These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms by ceasing to use the Website.
- Little Advent may in its absolute discretion terminate this agreement at any time without notice to you for any breach or suspected breach of these Terms, and you will remain liable for all amounts due to Little Advent up to and including the date of termination.
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties to these Terms incurred prior to termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement.
- All prices on the website are quoted in Australian Dollars and exclude GST and shipping costs. Reasonable shipping costs may be charged to you at the time of purchase of Little Advent’s Goods.
- These Terms are governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia and the Commonwealth of Australia.
- If by reason of any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond Little Advent’s reasonable control, including but not limited to lockout or other interference with work, blockade, disturbance, lightning, fire, earthquake, storm, flood, explosion, governmental or quasi-governmental restraint, unavailability or delay in availability of equipment or transport, Little Advent is unable to perform any obligation under this agreement and the Terms, Little Advent, its directors, servants and agents are relieved of that obligation to the extent that Little Advent are so unable to perform and are not to be liable to you in respect of such inability, except where such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
- If any of the Terms are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- Little Advent’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Any questions about any of the Terms should be sent to Little Advent at email@example.com.
Last updated: 01.09.2017